This webinar describes a new sustainable technique for cleaning the potable water distribution system using slush ice called Ice Pigging. Ice Pigging has been proven to be between 100 and 1000 times more effective at removing sediment and biofilm than water flushing alone.
Randy Moore has been with Utility Service Company, Inc. (USCI) since 1998 and is currently Vice President of Market Development. He attended the Missouri University of Science & Technology (Missouri School of Mines and Metallurgy) earning a B.S. in Metallurgical Engineering and a M.S. in Engineering Management. Randy also completed the MBA program at the University of Missouri – St. Louis. He is certified by the Construction Specifications Institute as a "Construction Document Technologist."
* Knowledge of the practice of ice pigging to clean pipes
* Understanding of common pipe problem and their impact on water quality
* Understanding of advantages and disadvantages to ice pigging
* Knowledge of common technique of pipe cleaning
* Effects of ice pigging on water quality and taste