• What is Empty Bed Contact Time, and why is it important?
• Benefits of proper flow distribution
• Benefits of a cone bottom vessel design
• Why use lead lag vessel configuration in your design?
This webinar will discuss the use of granular activated carbon (GAC) to help manage disinfection by-products in your system.
The webinar will also provide an introduction to activated carbon, and will include information about:
• Disinfection By-products
• What they are, how they are formed, and why they occur;
• Removal technologies;
• Removal via GAC; and
• Precursor removal as well as removal of formed DBPs.
• Emerging Disinfection By-products and their impact on water quality
• EPA’s comments from the third 6 year review regarding potential future regulation and areas of concern.
This webinar is designed to provide a basic understanding of carbon, including starting materials, processing techniques and properties.
Ralph Franco PE, Director Municipal Products, Calgon Carbon Corporation has spent the last 27 years in the water treatment industry. He has a BS in Chemical Engineering from Penn State University as well as an MBA from Point Park University.
Eric Forrester, Municipal Applications Engineer, Calgon Carbon Corporation is an Applications Engineer for the Municipal Business Unit at Calgon Carbon Corporation, where he is responsible for product selection, treatment system design, and application troubleshooting for municipalities across the United States.
* Basic Understanding of Activated Carbon
* Knowledge of Carbon Starting Materials
* Understanding of Processing Techniques
The principles behind the air stripping process are introduced and several types of stripping methods are discussed. The unique advantages of sliding tray air strippers in achieving water quality targets while lowering the costs of installation and maintenance, especially under high fouling conditions, are
examined. Case histories of major remediation, process and drinking water
treatment projects will be presented.
* Knowledge of the nature of VOCs and their impact on drinking water
* Understanding of the different are stripping methods, including advantages and disadvantages of each.
* Understanding of proper care and maintenance of air stripper equipment.
* Understanding of factors that impact the effectiveness of air stripper technology